The Blum House's History with the Library

This turn of the century home, which stands at 414 West Main Street adjacent to the Library, was donated to the Board of Trustees of the Collinsville Memorial Library Center in 1997 by the Collinsville Building and Loan Association.

The home was once the residence of the J. Henry Blum family who occupied the home until 1997. This family operated the Blum Mfg. Co. which manufactured cowbells.  More of the history of the Blum family and their legacy in Collinsville can be read on the Blum History pages.

While the House is being renovated, it's first floor is being used for rental to individuals, organizations and businesses for meetings and social gatherings. It has also been used for special Library programming such as Tellabration (storytelling festival), Book Club and Knitting Club meetings, and more.

The Blum House, itsí furnishings, and artifacts are under the jurisdiction of the Board of Trustees of the Mississippi Valley Library
District.
Copyright Mississippi Valley District Library,
Collinsville Memorial Library 2009

Member of the Mississippi Valley Library District

Member of the Lewis and Clark Library System
under the direction of the Illinois State Library

Collinsville Memorial Library
408 West Main Street
Collinsville, IL 62234

Phone: 618-344-1112
FAX: 618-345-6401