Dorris Fountain & Pan
Collinsville Memorial Library Center
408 W. Main Street
Collinsville, IL 62234
The fountain in front of the Main Entrance of the Collinsville Memorial Public Library was dedicated on May 25, 1938 in honor of Charles H. Dorris by the teachers and students of the Collinsville Unit 10 School District in which he served as the Superintendent from 1900-1937. The fountain was built with small contributions donated for the most part by the public school children of Collinsville.
The fountain marker in the form of an open book reads as follows
A TRIBUTE TO
CHARLES H. DORRIS
1900 - 1937
By 2009 the Dorris Fountain and Pan on the front lawn of the Collinsville Library were refurbished through a community effort lead by Mary Sue Schusky, Marge Wright, Trudi Monroe and Kendra Howell collecting over $70,000 which included maintenance for its future operation.